Enjoy the event!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Xfinity Hearthstone Invitational Bracket Pick ‘Em Challenge” ("Challenge") is an online video game tournament prediction Challenge. The sponsor of this Challenge is Twitch Interactive, Inc., ("Sponsor"), 225 Bush St. Floor 6, San Francisco, CA 94104. The administrator of the Challenge is Turtle Entertainment America, Inc. (“ESL” or “Administrator”), 1212 Chestnut Street, Burbank, CA 91506. Comcast® Cable Communications Management LLC, (the “Presenter”) is not responsible for the collection of data or the administration of the Challenge. Entrants are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Presenter. The Sponsor, Administrator, and Presenter will be referred to herein as the “Challenge Entities”. THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes.
The Challenge is based on the results of the Hearthstone Invitational Presented by Xfinity (the “Tournament”). The Tournament is a video game bracket-style elimination competition, as detailed below. “Entrants” (as defined below) will be given the opportunity to correctly predict the results of the Tournament (“Prediction”) as detailed below. Prizes will be awarded to those Entrants, if any, who accurately predict the outcome of every round of the Tournament by submitting a “Perfect Bracket” Prediction during the “Registration Period” of the Challenge. The Challenge “Registration Period” begins on Thursday, March 26, 2015 and ends on Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 12:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”). Limit one (1) entry per person. If an Entrant exceeds the entry limitations, the Entrant will be disqualified and no prizes will be awarded.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Challenge is open only to legal United States residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's entry at the time of registration. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Challenge Entities, BinaryBeast, Creative Zing Promotion Group, Blizzard Entertainment and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the Immediate Family Members and/or Household Members of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Challenge void where prohibited. For purposes of the Challenge, "Household Members“ shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and spouses.
4. TOURNAMENT: The Tournament is a skill-based video game competition which will be played using the video game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Sixteen (16) “Players” will compete in a bracket-style elimination challenge until only one (1) player remains undefeated, as detailed in the Official Tournament Rules. The Tournament will be broadcast live on www.twitch.tv/ESL_hearthstone. Game play will commence at approximately 12:00 pm PDT on Saturday, April 4, 2015, and again on Sunday, April 5, 2015 at approximately 12:00 pm PDT. Tournament play is anticipated to run approximately six (6) to eight (8) consecutive hours each day.
The Players will be announced in conjunction with the Challenge Registration Period and Player profiles can be viewed here http://xfinityhearthstone.com/players. The results of each bracket match and the determination of the Tournament winner will be at the sole discretion of the Tournament Sponsor and Administrator, as defined in the Official Tournament Rules, whose decisions are final.
5. GROUPS: After the end of the Registration Period, Entrants can monitor their standing in the Challenge by logging into their Challenge Profile and accessing the “My Predictions” tab. Entrants can also create or join public or private groups of friends or other users with similar interests, skill level, etc., to compare their standing or their Group’s standing against other Entrants and Groups participating in the Challenge. Group standing or participation has no outcome on the final Challenge outcome.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The Grand Prize will only be awarded in the event that one or more Entrants submit a Perfect Bracket. The Entrant(s) who submits a Perfect Bracket, as determined by the official results of the Tournament, by successfully predicting the victor of each bracket match, will be declared the Grand Prize winner(s), pending eligibility verification. In the event that more than one (1) Entrant submits a Perfect Bracket, then the Grand Prize will be split evenly among all tying Entrants. All potential winners, if any, will be notified via email at the email address listed in their Challenge Profiles within approximately seven (7) business days of April 6, 2015. Potential winners, if any, will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Potential winner(s) will be required to verify eligibility and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. In the event that the amount of prize money to be awarded to each winner exceeds $600, the Prize Claim Documents must be notarized by a licensed notary public and the winners must provide Challenge Entities with a valid social security number for tax reporting purposes before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the winner(s) if the prize ARVs exceed $600. The failure of any winner to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Prizes will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned.
Grand Prize -
Perfect Bracket ONLY
|The Grand Prize will only be awarded in the event that an Entrant or Entrants submit a Perfect Bracket. If no Entrant submits a Perfect Bracket the Grand Prize will not be awarded. One (1) Grand Prize is available consisting of ten thousand ($10,000) dollars. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $10,000 US.|
Limit one (1) prize per Household. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER(S). Prize winners cannot assign or transfer any prize to another person. The prizes are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Challenge Entities sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Challenge Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Challenge Entities, Creative Zing Promotion Group, Binary Beast, Blizzard Entertainment each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Challenge and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Acceptance of a prize authorizes the Challenge Entities and their assigns to use prize winner’s name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Challenge Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Challenge Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Challenge, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Challenge. Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Challenge, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Challenge Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge (or any portion of the Challenge) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Challenge and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Challenge Entities. Challenge Entities may prohibit you from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Challenge Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHALLENGE ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, THE CHALLENGE AND THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Challenge, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Challenge, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Challenge. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
13. LIST OF WINNERS/RULE REQUESTS: For the list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Xfinity Hearthstone Invitational Bracket Pick ‘Em Challenge” Winner's List or Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by June 1, 2015.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Challenge Registration begins 3/26/15 & ends 4/4/15 at 12:00 am PDT. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 yrs old and the age of majority in their state of residence. Subject to full Challenge Rules available at www.Xfinityhearthstone.com. Void where restricted or prohibited by law. Sponsor: Twitch Interactive, Inc. THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION.